2014/03/12

[REVIEW] KPOPPLUS Online Shop

Hey there! Here comes a little review about the online shop 'Kpopplus'. They also have an ebay shop (I can't really remember, but I think I ordered from there once). It was my first time ordering from their actual site. The site looks really nice and neat. They sell a lot of stuff – next to CDs, DVDs and Kpop Merchandise they also sell cosmetic products, wigs and circle lenses - even Chanyeol's jumpsuit he wore in Exo's Showtime...

I preordered B.A.P's first full length album 'First Sensibility' with an unfolded poster on 31.01.2014 and payed with Paypal. They sent me an e-mail, confirming my order, with the invoice as a PDF file. If you ordered there and didn't receive an e-mail, check your spam folder! All of their e-mails ended up in there.

The album release was on the 3rd of January and they sent me an email the day after to confirm the shipment, so that was quite quick! Also Kpopplus provide a tracking number to check the status of your order and there you can also see all the details and download the invoice file again.

I can't really say anything about the customer service since everything went smoothly and I didn't have to contact them about any issues.

The shop was down for several times, they probably had some provider issues.

As for the prices I am really pleased: I took a quick look at other CDs and overall it seemed really cheap compared to other online shops (e.g. yesasia).
The shipping costs can be both good and bad. First of all, they do ship worldwide which is already a plus. The shipping costs depend on how much your package weighs, though. Since I only ordered one CD they were about ~6-7$ which is really good compared to yesasia's shipping costs. However, when you want to order more than one CD or something that costs more than 16$, the shipping costs will increase which will make it very expensive. Additionally, they don't offer free shipping costs over a certain price limit, so I'd recommend this site if you want to order only one CD that isn't too expensive.
They do not only list the prices in $ but also in € and £. This might be helpful for some of you.

I also compared the prices with those from their ebay shop (B.A.P – First Sensibility) and it seems it's more expensive to buy from their ebay shop. Shipping to Germany seems to cost 12.99$ and the CD itself (with unfolded poster!) is 1$ more. I guess you should decide for yourself whether you want to buy from ebay or the actual shop.

Shipping (to Germany) took ~2 weeks for the poster to arrive and nearly 6 weeks for the CD which is the longest I have ever waited. Of course this may not exactly be the seller's fault since this also depends on whether there are hectic holidays or anything like that.


The package arrived in a black wrapping foil as you can see on the picture. Unfortunately – and I didn't expect that – my CD wasn't wrapped in any bubble wrap/foil and that kind of shocked me at first because I was really scared my album might be damaged.
After removing the foil of the CD I inspected the album for any damages. You should definitely check the pictures I took and judge for yourself. In my opinion this kind of album should have definitely been wrapped in bubble foil! The edges are a little damaged as you can see, so I am not really happy.

The “Free Gift” (three little colourful photo cards) couldn't really make up for it.

Actually I wanted to order from the Mwaveshop at first, especially because the shipping is free for orders over 25$ (which I find awesome!). But every time I tried to access their shop, it didn't work... So I had to find another good online shop.
After all this horrible waiting and then the unsafely wrapped CD case I am not really satisfied and would not really recommend you buying from their online shop. I am just really mad at the moment that it wasn't securely packaged.

I hope this review was a little helpful! You should all decide for your own, though, if you want to order from there or not!

14 comments:

  1. Hallo. :3
    Ich habe nach einer Review gefunden und bin froh, dass ich deine gefunden habe. Ich habe nun 2 mal bei Kpopplus bestellt. Im Gegensatz zu deinen Bestellungen waren meine in Luftfolie eingewickelt. Dennoch waren beide beschädigt. Hast du vielleicht inwzischen eine gute Alternative zum bestellen gefunden? Ich habe mal 2 CD's auf Ebay bestellt. Diese sind aber leider beim Zoll hängen geblieben und haben 10€ mehr gekostet (auf die ohnehin schon teuren 60€!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo :)
      Ebay ist wirklick keine gute Idee, genauso wie Amazon, denn die Pakete bleiben wirklichh immer im Zoll hängen und es ist nervig extra zum Zollzentrum zu fahren.
      Ich kann dir ktown4u empfehlen, die Preise sind mit am günstigsten und sie verschicken weltweit, aber du musst aufpassen, weil sich die Versandkosten nach dem Gewicht des Päckchens richten.Und es gibt leider keine Garantie, dass du keinen Zoll bezahlen musst, aber bis jetzt hat alles bei mir funktioniert.

      Delete
  2. I have ordered from kpopplus, they did have bubblewrap around it now. My friends has ordered allot from that site, and all here orders were also in bubblewrap. I guess they improved that now.
    Thanks for the review though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for adding that info to the comment, I became curious after that review because I wanted get the bts young forever album from there...

      Delete
  3. I oredered from Kpopplus recently and my albums were wrapped with bubblewrap so nothing could be damaged easily. Also, it kind of shocked me how long you had to wait. My three albums arrived after one and a half week so I'm kind of confused because I live in Germany too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ordered Young forever from Kpopplus in preorder, yes they shipped the cd the day after it was released but are already passed 2 months and the last thing written in the trucking site is that it left Incheon the 10th May.
    I live in Italy and I don't know how long it will take... Do you know how I can communicate with the site? I sent various message, but no one answered-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. stessa cosa, vorrei morire....

      Delete
    2. adesso l'hai ricevuto? fammi sapere plz

      Delete
    3. I have the same problem as you. I also want to know if I get there

      Delete
    4. I have the same problem as you. I also want to know if I get there

      Delete
  5. Hi Chan!

    Ich habe gerade die Seite Kpopplus.com entdeckt und würde mir gerne BTS' Young Forever Album holen. Weißt du vielleicht, ob sie den Warenwert genau deklarieren oder nur irgend so einen Wert drauf klatschen? Ich habe schon mehrere korean beauty stuff aus Südkorea bestellt und egal wie viel ich bestellt habe, die Seiten haben mir immer einen Wert von 20$ hingeschrieben weil sie wissen, dass man hier in DE über 22€ an Zoll zahlen muss :D

    Würde mich voll über deine Antwort freuen!

    Kieu xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kann ich fragen wo die die Gesamtwert artikel gekauft hast, wo sie denn den eigentlichen preis anders angegeben haben? Bin nämlich am überlegen etwas zu bestellen jedoch wäre es blöd wenn es dann beim zoll hängen bleibt (was bei einem gesamtwert von mindesten 22 euro ja mit einfuhrsteuer beim zoll abgeholt werden)

      Delete
  6. How can you use your tracking number to track your package?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love ordering from here since it's so cheap. BUT if there is ever anything wrong with your package it takes forever to contact them and nothing will be solved. My cd didn't really play the song well ut was a lil bend i think. But i send them countless of emails and i never got a response back. So be aware that as long as your package is oke it's great to buy from there but if something is wrong you can't really do anything about it. They say to send it back but i didn't trust them since they didn't reply to my responses either. But that's 1 out of many albums i bought there to be clear the others were perfectly fine.

    ReplyDelete